Anna. Wales. 19.
Chocolate and Fruit Lasagna Recipe
- 6 Oz of ‘00’ flour - Substitute 1tbs for cocoa powder
- 2 medium sized eggs
- Frozen forest fruits
- A few handfuls of dark chocolate drops
- flour for dusting
- whipping cream
- heat the forest fruits in a saucepan with sugar to taste (make sure it isn’t too bitter) and arrowroot/cornflour (if using cornflour add water before adding to the pan) until it is a thick consistency. Leave to cool.
- begin to heat chocolate drops in a saucepan and add cream when the chocolate starts to melt. (keep stirring/an eye on it otherwise it will burn) add more cream while stirring until the sauce is thick and not runny. leave to cool, yet keep warm!
- add flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and create a well in the centre.
- add both eggs into the well and stir with the handle of a wooden spoon gradually incorporating the flour mix until until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- kneed the dough and set in a fridge for 20 minuets.
- while it is in the fridge whip the cream with a sprinkling of sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- roll out the pasta dough in a pasta roller, and cut to size with a ring cutter before placing in a pan of boiling water (add a small amount of sugar to the water to sweeten the pasta)
- once cooked leave to cool and layer it between the forest fruit compot, cream and chocolate sauce in a ring cutter.
- place in the fridge to set 1 hour min, 1 day max
- remove the ring cutter by gently pushing down on the top layer of pasta.
- add a blob of cream to the top and drizzle chocolate sauce and add a strawberry to the top.
- enjoy my crazy invention!
if you have any questions on this recipe, don’t hesitate to ask me in my ask box… i am not very good with giving instructions and as i have made this a gazillion times i won’t mind at all to explain :) i got an a* on this so if you tell me that it tastes gross gtfo because i got the best in the class!